Friday, July 27, 2007

Presidential Houses, Cornfields and a Royals Baseball Game




So it was on around 5 in the morning today July 27 we wrestled ourselves out of bed, got ready and were on the road by 6:10Am.

Total Driving today 525 miles. Not too bad. I did the driving while Laura held down the DJing.

We stopped at the world's largest truck stop and just ate what we packed for lunch for breakfast since we couldn't find anything we wanted to eat in Iowa.



We did randomly get our first passport stamp. The passport is the guide to the national parks. Any national park, historic Site, Monument has a stamp with the date you visited which you can stamp your passport with. We checked out this little town in Iowa to get our first stamp. Here is a picture of Laura who has completely embraced her passport.



We stopped at this interesting gas station. I am not sure if I really need to comment on this.

Then we were so incredibly lucky that we got to get another passport stamp. As you can see I am beyond ecstatic with joy and finding The Harry S. Truman National Historic site.





We then went to the baseball game at Kauffman Stadium. Great Tim. nice park with a cool fountain, good barbecue, beer vendor wearing his merchandise, random cute baby just wearing a diaper, and a weenie race. hope you get the gist from all these pictures.
As I said lots of cornfields today. My first night as a travel blogger has went way too long as my wife is fast asleep. Tadahito Iguchi was traded but at least I hear Devin looks great in camp. Off to bed to Colorado we go tomorrow.

No comments: