Thursday, August 2, 2007

Elk, and Three more stamps







July 31
I warn you didn’t even know I could humanly handle a day like today.
Here our a couple pictures of our camp site

Woke up, packed up camp and snuck in one last hike at Sprague Lake to squeeze all we could out of Rocky mountain park Boy was it delightful.

First off piece of cake hike only .5 miles and handicap accessible. We were first treated with spectacular views on mountains perfectly placed on the lakes with ideal lighting and

Then we were truly blessed with an awe inspiring nature moment when a group of 8 elk with 2 babies crossed the lake in front of us shortly followed up by 6 others including 2more babies and 2 males. The pictures speak for themselves

Then we took on a tough but gorgeous drive through the continental divide. It was exhausting yet jaw dropping at the same time we even drove through this Glenwood canyon.

The chaos happened we decided to find the Colorado National monument and get our first stamp of the day as you can see the elation spread over my face.

Now I thought camping at Arches wasn’t enough so we went straight to Canyonlands Island in the Sky district, saw some awesome sights as the pictures show and even went on a hike to this great arch,

The absolute absence of sound in this canyon was creepy but really awesome at the same time. Silence does not happen enough.

Did I mention we got another stamp here too?

Went to Arches snuck in just in time to get our third official stamp of the day and just went crazy with a camera capturing all of the recommended early evening photographs, I hope you enjoy a few of them.

Finally made it to camp in time for me to cook in daylight, set up this awesome camp site as you can see from these pictures and typed up a couple of blogs as I watched the moon rise through our tent window. But I better get to bed now as I am thoroughly exhausted since I forgot to mention I woke up at 3:40 and couldn’t get back to bed and Laura was up by 6. Another busy one tomorrow hope you can keep up on our trip of a lifetime.








No comments: